- Slim boxy coat with buttons in a T-shape
- Coat has buttons arranged in a t-shape, with six across the top (four to the right of the opening, two to the left) and six down the front (one button is in both the horizontal and vertical rows). There are apparently no pockets.
Image includes small sketch of back of garment. Note how simply and elegantly the artist has captured the shape, drape and fabric texture of the coat with just a few well-placed lines.
Printed on image: "André Fashions" "Slim boxy coat. Novel buttonings." "designed by Pearl Alexander" "ANDRE' 570 - 7th Ave. New York City Feb. 17, 1941"
- Alexander, Pearl Levy -- Designer
André (Firm) -- Creator
Teitelbaum, Walter -- Donor
- Feb 17 1941
Spring, 1940-1941, B
- 1940s Coat.
André Fashion Illustrations from NYPL's Picture Collection
[Slim boxy coat with buttons in a T-shape.]
- No known copyright restrictions; may be subject to third party rights
- Buttons (Fasteners) -- 1900-1999
Coats -- 1940-1949
Fashion design drawings
Women -- Clothing & dress -- United States -- 1940-1949