- Fitted, belted coat with wide collar and sideways pockets on bodice
- Includes small sketch of back of garment. The way the back of the collar has been cut square suggests a sailor's "dickey".
Printed on image: "André Fashions" "White pique collar squared off in sailor effect in back" "Designed by Pearl Alexander" "ANDRE' 570 - 7th Avenue[,] New York City[.] Feb. 10, 1941"
The front bodice of this coat has two small, sideways pockets, more for decoration than use. A handkerchief has been tucked into one in the drawing.
- Alexander, Pearl Levy -- Designer
André (Firm) -- Creator
Teitelbaum, Walter -- Donor
- Feb 10 1941
Spring, 1940-1941 B
- 1940s Coat.
André Fashion Illustrations from NYPL's Picture Collection
[Fitted, belted coat with wide collar and sideways pockets on bodice.]
- No known copyright restrictions; may be subject to third party rights
- Belts (Clothing) -- 1940-1949
Coats -- 1940-1949
Collars -- 1940-1949
Fashion design drawings
Hats -- 1940-1949
Pockets -- 1940-1949
Women -- Clothing & dress -- United States -- 1940-1949