- Fitted coat with large buttons at cuffs and waist
- Image includes small sketch of back of garment.
Printed on image: "Note cuffs at wrist of shirtwaist sleeves on slim coat. Two huge buttons at waist." "André fashions" "designed by Pearl Alexander" "André 570 - 7th Avenue New York City Dec. 23, 1940"
This design features puffy, shirtwaist-style sleeves and big (flower-shaped?) buttons at the cuffs and waist. The ample sleeves contrast with the trim lines of the body of the coat.
- Alexander, Pearl Levy -- Designer
André (Firm) -- Creator
Teitelbaum, Walter -- Donor
- Dec 23 1940
- 1940s Coat.
André Fashion Illustrations from NYPL's Picture Collection
[Fitted coat with large buttons at cuffs and waist.]
- No known copyright restrictions; may be subject to third party rights
- Buttons (Fasteners) -- 1900-1999
Coats -- 1940-1949
Fashion design drawings
Hats -- 1940-1949
Women -- Clothing & dress -- United States -- 1940-1949